Braveheart on life
But do we? Do we truly live or are we just going through the motions of life? Do we fail to act because we're concerned about what others might think? Life should be full of adventures, love and laughter, and here are some ways to make it so.
1. Learn the value of everything and also learn that they will never be with you throughout your lifetime.
2. Do things now. Is there something you've always wanted to do, but haven't. Don't make the mistake of waking one day and realizing that there's no time left to do it.
3. Always tell your family members and friends that they are important to you and you love them. Never leave a loved one after an argument without reconciliation - there may be no time to do it later.
4. Do random acts of kindness. It will not only make someone else's day, but it will make yours too. Kindness is contagious.
5. Have fun. Life is NOT meant to be boring. Yes, there are boring things we all need to do, but don't major on them. Seek out ways to make even the boring things fun.
6. Go to the extremes. OK, a bit of moderation here please! You can't live like a pendulum every day, but, like having fun, push yourself beyond your comfort zone. Surprise people!
7. Love the moment. Long term planning is very important, but don't forget to appreciate the journey.
8. Take it as it comes. Sometimes life sucks, but that's life. Rather than dwelling on the bad stuff, start looking for the next good event.
Finally, in the words of Pope Paul IV, "Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.'